The Internet of Ownership directory operates according to a series of taxonomic standards. These are a work in progress.
In general, entries in the directory should be meaningful participants in the platform cooperative ecosystem. This includes online platforms that share ownership and governance, as well as those that support such platforms.
The directory is subject to informal verification, based on public statements from and private correspondence with the organizations listed.
Each entry has only one category associated with it, the top-most :
- platform co-op – ICA-compliant co-ops that manage an online platform, sharing ownership and governance over it (like Stocksy United, a stock-photo platform owned by its hundreds of photographer-member-owners in dozens of countries around the world)
- co-op-run platform – ICA-compliant co-ops that manage and primarily do business through an online platform (like Loomio, a decision-making platform developed by a worker cooperative in New Zealand)
- shared platform – Enterprises that share some meaningful ownership or governance over an online platform (like Managed by Q, an investor-owned company that pays its worker-users in part with a portion of company equity, or a blockchain-based protocol with user-owned utility tokens)
- supporter – Projects that lend support to the platform co-op ecosystem (like The Working World, a nonprofit organization that finances worker cooperatives)
- Nathan Schneider
- Martijn Arets
- Devin Balkind
You can help build this resource, too.
- To add or edit an item in the directory, visit the suggest page
- To take part in discussions about this site’s development and inquire about development opportunities, email us at email@example.com
- To see what we’re working on, check out our Development page
Submissions are vetted by the site’s maintainers.