The Internet of Ownership Project Council (IOPC) is a consensus-based decisionmaking body that uses a pool of collectively owned resources to develop platform cooperativism. We mobilize a number of resources in support of our member projects:
- Funding: We manage a pool of money it allocates to member projects.
- Endorsements: We publish support for project and help with oversight.
- Promotion: We use our collective media resources to spread news and information.
- Volunteers & In-Kind Donations: We work together to productively mobilize volunteers.
- Fiscal Sponsorship: We maintain a contract with a 501.c.3 nonprofit that enables us to receive tax-deductible donations and comply with regulations.
Our members are involved with a diverse set of projects that have come together through a spokescouncil process.
Ampled is 100% owned by its artists, workers, and community (not VC investors) with the ultimate goal of creating a ...Read More
Social.coop is a cooperative node of the 'fediverse' social network, pioneering an open approach to co-owning and co-operating our online ...Read More
Since 2007, open source activists, developers, community and business leaders have worked collaboratively to build a codebase that allows communities ...Read More
Our all-volunteer group of over 200 organizers came together in September 2016, when news stories emerged that Twitter was up ...Read More
Vientos is an online platform where organizations, local businesses, and individuals can participate to find opportunities to work together ...Read More
Provides consultations, trainings, and educational resources to nonprofit organizations to help them develop and deploy free/libre/opensource (“FLO”) technologies in order ...Read More
MEDLab is a think tank for community ownership and governance in media organizations, based at the University of Colorado Boulder's ...Read More